25 November 2011

Epiphany

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday! I have and it made me realize that, while I love what I do as a real estate agent on the Treasure Coast, I love something else much, much more!!! In the words of my high school creative writing teacher, write about what you love. 


Ask anyone who knows me well and they will tell you that I am a food and wine snob. I wouldn't say I'm a snob, I just know what I like. Thanksgiving dinner was no exception to the "what I like" rule. 


My mother made a Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Pecan Crust for dessert yesterday. Oh my goodness, I ate it yesterday and had it for lunch today. If you love cheesecake, then this is a must! The recipe is posted below. It was the perfect marriage of pumpkin pie and cheesecake with a little pecan pie thrown in for good measure. All the holiday staples in one delectable place. 


Kudos to Paula Deen for the recipe and kudos to my mother who executed the perfect ending to a perfect day spent with family!


For the filling: Pumpkin Cheesecake on the Food Network
For the crust: 
2 1/2 c ground pecans
1/4 t cinnamon
1/3 c sugar
4 T melted butter
Mix together and press into a spring form pan. Chill for about 45 minutes. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Cool completely before filling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment